Balkan Politics and Society
The book series Balkan Politics and Society (BPS), launched in 2018, focuses on original empirical research on understudied aspects of the multifaceted historical, political, and cultural trajectories of the Balkan region.
The series includes:
- Discussions on the political systems of the Balkan states, including single country case studies and comparative research
- Analyses of relevant policy fields
- Studies of the link between contemporary political issues and historical debates
- Historical debates on the Balkan states
- Analyses of the social and economic reality of the region
- Research on the evolution and development of different cultures in the region
- Discussions on the evolution of the various societies in the Balkan
Comparative Insights from Kosovo, Transnistria, and Northern Cyprus39,90 €ibidem324 SeitenThis study provides an overview of current nation building processes in contested states. With a specific focus on the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic, and Kosovo,...
A Journey to Bosnia24,90 €ibidem216 SeitenIn this daring experiment in ethnographic place-writing, cultural geographer James Riding aims to get at the heart of post-conflict Bosnia showing the past alongside the present it created via a series...
21st Century Manifestations of an Historical Challenge34,90 €ibidem374 SeitenThe topics of extremism, violent extremism, and radicalization leading to terrorism have constituted an increasingly prominent area of policy interest and donor support in recent years, globally and in...